Friday, January 25, 2008

P.F. Changs was the restaurant where Dave and I had our first date five years ago....so, it just made sense to go there to celebrate our "anniversary".

Of course, I wanted to do everything just like we had done years ago:

....I wanted him to be standing by the outside heat lamp as he awaited my arrival (he laughed at this suggestion as we both ran into the restaurant to get out of the very cold temperatures!)

...go to the restaurant bar for a glass of wine before dinner (which we did....and he even ordered a glass of the same red wine from 5 years ago!)

...talk like it was our first date (forget that one...)

...order the same dishes (who can remember????)

....and get the surprise rose at the end of the date that he had waiting in his car for me....(this was to be given to me if the date had gone well..and, I guess that he thought that it did because I got that rose five years ago!)[no rose this time....he had just driven back in to B'ham from a work- related trip to Atlanta...]

Well, I must say that the dinner was delicious...the conversation flowed....and we really had a lovely evening out together....five years older and wiser....with emphasis on the "older".

The very young (maybe 18 years old?!) waitress thought that we were such a "cute older couple" as we related our story to her.

"Cute older couple"????????

Aaaack.

3 comments:

Beverly said...

That is one of those compliments like "you look good for your age" or "I bet you were a looker when you were young".
Again, congratulations, and here is a toast for many more!!!

Jana said...

You didn't mention how you and Dave met? Sounds like it was a blind-date setup? Congrats on making it 5 years, and here's to many more

Beverly said...

I keep denying the fact that I'm a senior citizen. I keep thinking that surely I'm as young as some of my friends, or that others are usrely older, then I'm brought back to reality!

Congratulations, and have a good trip. Stay warm!