Monday, January 14, 2008

Dave decided to make me dinner Saturday night.

While I usually do the majority of the cooking when he is over, he is a wonderful cook and has contributed to the meal many times.

But, this time, he offered to do the entire meal. Who am I to take away this pleasure for him? ha ha : )

So, I poured myself a glass of wine...turned on the television in the den....put my feet up on the couch....and relaxed while he scurried about in the kitchen. Ahhhh.

He closed off the kitchen and told me that I couldn't come in until the meal was prepared.

One of Dave's pet peeves with my cooking is that I don't clean as I go. Pots, pans, bowls, spices, etc. are everywhere when I am finished preparing my meal. That is not the case with him.

As I walked into the kitchen I couldn't even tell that anything had just gone on in there with the exception of the wonderful smells that were in the air from the newly prepared meal. It was spotless! Impressive, eh?

Well, the meal was yummy...fresh shrimp with a light and lovely orange/honey sauce, fresh green beans with sauteed mushrooms, and herbed potato wedges! I did everything but lick the plate...it was so good.

As if that weren't enough...the next morning he asked me what I wanted for breakfast. Now, this isn't usual for him as I tend to be the breakfast maker most of the time. But, again, who was I to take away this man's pleasure?... so I quickly agreed.

I put my order in: a fluffy egg-white omelet with a sprinkling of fat-free cheddar cheese on top, some creamy grits topped with a few shrimp (I was on a roll!), and a piece of whole wheat toast.

Twenty minutes later I entered the kitchen to snorf down leisurely enjoy my delicious breakfast.

You know....a girl could really get used to this!

I wonder what's on the menu for next weekend???

: )

1 comment:

Beverly said...

That sounds divine. My husband, rest his soul, would do anything for me, but the kitchen was not his domain at all, and he never complained about anything that I cooked.

Hang onto him.