Thursday, January 31, 2008

Now I know why we have children when we are young....

Owen is napping. : )

I have his little monitor right near me as I listen for any sound coming from his room.

We are having a ball...but, I have to tell you...it is exhausting!

He is very energetic and loves to play...so, Grammie is right there playing along.

He jumps up and down...I jump up and down.

He runs around the room giggling....I run around the room with him.

He dances to the music that I play...I dance to the music.

The wheels on the bus go 'round, 'round, 'round...and we go 'round, 'round, 'round. He loves getting slightly dizzy...I am slightly nauseous!!

I am so amazed at how much he has changed since I last saw him Thanksgiving! He is saying more words (no "Grammie" yet...but, we are working on it!) and mimics every word that he hears. Some of his favorite words are "more" and, of course, "no!".

I am fascinated by his patience as he drops items into a container, shakes them out...and drops them in again and again.

I was in heaven as he sat on my lap and allowed me to read stories to him. He especially loves the books where you can feel the different textures and/or push things to make noises.

As you can tell, I am enjoying every minute of it...but,

...I am thinking that maybe Grammie should take a little nap now, too.

...more to come... : )

2 comments:

Beverly said...

It sounds like you two are having lots of fun!!! I used to love how when Max would go pick out a book and back up and "plop" down trustingly in my lap. He just "knew" his meme would be right there to read to her. Grandchildren are so wonderful and love their grammies.
Is it cold up there? Are the long underwear coming in handy??

Beverly said...

Exhausting, yet exhilarating. It is amazing how quickly they change, isn't it. All the more reason to visit often! My trip is postponed until after the 17th, but then I'll have a month with Miss Ella.