Wednesday, March 12, 2008

home

"To everything there is a season,

A time for every purpose under heaven...

A time to weep, and a time to laugh,

A time to mourn, and a time to dance." Eccl. 3:1, 4

Leaving Mom and my sisters today and heading back home was so difficult.

I really thought that Dad was going to beat this...but, three surgeries proved too much for his aging body.

I imagined all of us celebrating his 90th birthday on May 17.

But, it is not to be.

I am feeling very displaced tonight.

Although I am exhausted, my head is reeling with so many thoughts and memories.

I will write more tomorrow when I am a bit more clear-headed.

Thank you for all of your comments and love as I deal with this loss....

5 comments:

Beverly said...

I have been thinking of you and your family. I will continue to do so. Mourning is universal, yet each one of us do it differently. It takes time and remembering, talking and sharing...you can "talk" to us any time you need to.

Beverly said...

I was going to e-mail you this, but could not find it, so will recommend
this book...Readings for the First Month of Grief by Becton
It helped me so much...if I have the info wrong I will resend it....

Anonymous said...

I continue to think of you & your family; grief is such a hard thing to deal with. I found the first year to be the hardest, after that is gets a little easier. My doctor also told me that 2 - 4 weeks before the first anniversary your body would automatically remember, and you will start to feel fatigued, depressed & generally out of sorts. I found this to be true also, and was so thankful my doctor had warned me. At least I knew the reason I was feeling like that. Much love & many hugs to you!

Paulette

Jana said...

You know we're there with you Grammie, I hope you can feel the strength from your friends- those of us who have been where you are, that have felt that displaced feeling. It goes away after a while. Remember the vase, and give yourself time. You don't have to smile today, you only have to breathe.

Clara....in TN said...

Grammie, I will keep you and your family in my prayers. May the emptiness in your heart ease with every passing day. Clara