Monday, March 17, 2008

Renewal

"Gizmo's Garden"

"We have what we seek. It is there all the time, and if we give it time, it will make itself known to us." Thomas Merton

When my much loved cat, Gizmo, passed away....Dave brought over some Easter lily bulbs from his garden. We planted them into the freezing ground in my backyard on a bitter cold winter's day and then spread her ashes all around them.

Well, with early Spring's arrival, the bulbs have begun to pop up and some fresh green leaves are beginning to show. The lilies won't be far behind...

Seeing this sight today brought a spiritual renewal to my spirit and a smile to my face...

1 comment:

Jana said...

Now that spring is officially here and the ground is thawing a bit, I'll be scattering Buddy's ashes under his favorite lilac bushes. I'm missing him as I look out my window and he's not under his bush laying in the sunshine swatting at the grasshoppers. Happy to see Gizmo's flowers coming up.