Friday, April 25, 2008

Why is this crazy lady taking pictures of WEEDS?

"Lord, give me the determination and tenacity of a weed." Mrs. Leon Waters

I took my camera along on my morning walk today with every intention of snapping some beautiful pictures of the new spring growth in my neighborhood.

As I walked, I couldn't help but notice....the weeds.

They were springing up everywhere...in the midst of well-cared for gardens...in a crack in the sidewalk...or standing solo in a mass of pine straw.

It made me stop and think about the tenacity of a weed. It always finds a fertile spot to grow...much to the gardener's dismay.

It not only grows...but thrives. And, it does this without much care...no fertilizer...no pruning...no frequent watering.

So, I decided to dedicate my post today to the miraculous weed as I snapped these pictures to share along the way.

No comments: