Sunday, June 08, 2008

"May your life be as long as Italian spaghetti...."

For those readers old enough to remember writing in autograph books....I found the following written in Dad's from 77 years ago:

"Roses are red, Violets are blue, My face is funny, but yours is a scream!"

"May your life be like Arithmetic...Joys added, Sorrows subtracted, Friends multiplied and Love undivided..."

and, on a pink page: "As long as this page remains pink, My friendship for you will never shrink.

Oh, those were the simple days....before computers, email, Facebook, MySpace, YouTube....etc. when our handwritten words were as good as gold....

**sigh**

2 comments:

Clara....in TN said...

What a treasure. I have a journal that I wrote in for four years.....everyday of my high school years. That was 1952 through 1955. Maybe someday someone will treasure it as much as you do the one that belonged to your Dad!

Beverly said...

A treasure indeed. I love the one a bout life being like arithmetic.
Thanks for sharing those.