Wednesday, July 30, 2008

BIG NEWS!

Sitting downstairs in my dungeon (studio) and working on my pottery yesterday, I received a phone call from my daughter-in-law, Jenny.

"Hi Mom!" she said, "Did you talk to Adam last night?!?!?!"

Initially, I couldn't tell if her voice was concerned or excited. She is always pretty enthusiastic...but this time I was a bit puzzled.

"No, what's up?" I asked starting to worry a bit. (I'm a grandmother, ya know....worrying comes with the territory!)

"He tried to call you....didn't he ever get you?" she asked again....causing my angst to rise even more.

"Nope, no calls, no messages....what's up?" I asked again.

"He didn't tell you about Owen? Such excitement over here!"she exclaimed.

OK. Now at this point I am quite ready to hear this "big, exciting news"...

Finally, the news comes.

"Owen pooped in the potty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" she announced.

I couldn't help but laugh a little at this earth-shattering achievement of my first grandson....

She then went on to tell me about how it all came about...and, how she and Adam clapped and sang and hugged Owen with joy at this newest milestone. (I can only imagine!)

They made him a little certificate to mark the day of his first official "poop in the potty"!.

Now that is something that he will save to put up in his dorm room some day, don't ya think?

It makes a Grammie proud.

: ]

No comments: