Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday fragments....

Ah, Friday is here.... and I am appreciating that I don't need to be sitting outside in the oppressive heat at my garage sale like I was a week ago. I must admit that I prefer the cool air-conditioning over the heat and humidity...doesn't everyone living in the deep South in the summertime?

**********************************************************************************

Today also marks what would have been my parent's 66th Anniversary...which would have been an incredibly happy day had it not been for my Dad's passing this March. It still feels so strange. I know that Mom is especially feeling the sadness today. We spoke this morning and she was talking about the big 65th celebration last year when the whole family gathered around to honor their special day. Oh, to be able to step back in time...

*********************************************************************************

Right now, I am proud of myself and my self-restraint...I didn't eat a single M & M all day yesterday. (Yes, I still have the bag in my house and, no, I still haven't thrown them away yet. See previous blog titled M & M Wars). I just can't bring myself to do it!

*********************************************************************************

For the first time ever I made Risotto last night for me and Dave. It was amazing how long it took for that rice to absorb 46 ounces of liquid before becoming this delicious, creamy dish. I added onions, parmesan cheese and fresh sauteed mushrooms to it and it was yummy! Highly caloric, but scrumptious, nonetheless. (no pictures because it pretty much looked like porridge---it tasted better than it looked!)

********************************************************************************

My knees and elbows are still sore from my scatterbrained and embarrassing accidental fall last week when I crashed into a standing sign on a walkway. I am taking Advil and icing my knee every day...but, I guess that older bodies just take a bit longer to heal. *groan*

********************************************************************************

I spoke to Jenny yesterday and she said that Audrey is growing by leaps and bounds. I can't wait to see some new pictures! At her age, the changes occur daily! She said that Owen has been in a real hugging mode lately...what a sweetheart! Oh, how I miss them all.

********************************************************************************

Talking about missing, I am anxious to speak with Janet and Jeffrey this weekend and see how things are going with them. Their baby is just about 7-8 weeks (or so) away! The last time we talked, they were having an issue in that there was some lead in the old paint on their door....which they are planning to remove and/or repaint. Because their new home is older, they had all of the paint tested for lead. The kids are much smarter environmentally than we were 30+ years ago. They know so much more about the possible health hazards surrounding them. If it means that my grandchildren will grow up in a safer environment and lead healthier lives...I am totally for it and applaud their being cautious.

********************************************************************************

Well, I'm off to my studio downstairs to get my hands in some clay and get to work! xoxo

1 comment:

JeanMac said...

A touching post that tugged at my heart stings and my tummy - risotto!