Friday, July 18, 2008

L-O-N-G Day

The garage sale weekend is half over.

Tomorrow starts at 8 a.m. and ends at 4 p.m.

It was a pretty productive day today as we had a nice steady crowd for most of the day.

There is an interesting phenomena that occurs during these sales....you get so exhausted sitting out there in the heat all day...that when asked if you will take a lower price for an item....one absentmindedly says, "sure".

Then you realize that you just sold your $150 table for $15.

aack.

I found myself selling an old computer for $5....what was I thinking? It was a relic, but still.....

And, my friends weren't any better...almost giving away things. We even laughed that our prices were so low that we were almost paying people to take our items.

Oh well, I guess that people come to these things looking for bargains...and there were plenty of them today!

And, I do believe that I heard a few delighted 'snickers' as people walked away holding tight to their newly acquired treasures...

I think that I will raise some of my prices before the sale tomorrow.

Right....who am I kidding?

I'm just too much of a softy.

1 comment:

JeanMac said...

Good luck with your sale - I'm too queered out to offer a lower price!