Monday, August 25, 2008

this, that....and the other things

Monday morning and we have rain (as well as tornado and flash flood watches and warnings!) again as the remnants of Hurricane Fay seem to be lingering around Alabama, including Birmingham. I couldn't help but notice that my surroundings do seem greener and happier with this beneficial rain....but, this does not take away the horrific devastation that Florida is dealing with with the extreme flooding there. My heart is with all of these people who have been affected by Fay.

*********************************************************************************

I was thinking about something really sweet that Dave does for me all the time when he is over here. He empties my dishwasher! I think that he must actually enjoy putting all of the clean things away....(right now he is probably sitting at his office desk rolling his eyes!)...Whatever, I so appreciate it, Sweetie.

********************************************************************************

Well, I guess that any hopes of my turning 60 quietly and anonymously are gone. It seems as if I am going to be the beneficiary of several celebrations from now until the actual day, the 13th. As I head to Minneapolis this week, it seems as if I will be getting one of Jenny's wonderful birthday cakes. I hope that Owen doesn't mind sharing a bit of his 2nd birthday weekend with his Grammie. Upon my return home, I will find myself at a birthday dinner put on by my incredible girlfriends....as well as a more "intimate" luncheon with the "Girlies" two days later. The following week will find me heading to Atlanta to spend 5 days with my three sisters and my Mom! Three of them are flying in for this....and, knowing them, I am sure that it will be full of fun surprises....

*********************************************************************************

While I am off celebrating 'turning old' (!)....unfortunately, Dave will be on a trip of a different kind. On my birthday, one year ago, his sister passed away after her brave battle with cancer. With my blessings, he will be heading home to Delaware to spend the weekend with his family. It is where he should be...I will be 60 all year long...and we will find another time to celebrate together.

********************************************************************************

In preparation of my first trip out of town, I have made a fresh batch of sugar water for my hummingbirds. I don't want them to think that the "restaurant" is closed just because I am gone! And, of course, the bird feeder will be restocked with seeds and nuts! Once a mother, always a mother....

**********************

Have a lovely day....and count your blessings.

I know that I am.

2 comments:

Beverly said...

Have a blast at all of your celebrations. You have every right to celebrate!

JeanMac said...

Such a nice post.