Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Todays "Blondie" comic strip says it all!

OK....I am starting to get a little bit of an "Olympics Obsession".

I have found myself staying up waaaay past my bedtime in order to see some of the events. (Of course the sponsors are going to put the most exciting events on at late prime time to increase their viewers!)*yawn*

While Michael Phelps has proved himself to be an athletic phenomenon...I have almost gotten blase' about his gold medal count now that he has surpassed all possible records...how amazing is he? If he gets a silver medal now, it would almost be like a loss for him! Watching him glide through the water so effortlessly is fascinating...and, the way he looks bears no resemblance to the other swimmers during the races. Unbelievable. I'm thinking that instead of checking him for steroids....they should look for gills on his body. (!)

But, what has really captivated me has been the gymnastics.

Watching these kids (some of the Chinese girls look like they are 10-11 years old--which is causing some controversy I have heard) jump and tumble and spin and twist and turn and hang on to those little bars while swinging around and around...etc. etc. Well, I am amazed and worn out all at the same time.

I can hardly jump up in the air these days...and, yet, they are doing triple spins before landing feet first on the ground!

You know, truthfully, I don't think that I could have done that even when I was younger. I find it astounding....

....and exhausting.

Is it naptime yet? : )

No comments: