Friday, September 12, 2008

I hate surprises...BUT....

My sisters would not let me know what was ahead for me as we headed to Atlanta. I was quite anxious in that I had asked that there not be any surprises for this birthday weekend.

So, as we arrived at the Flying Biscuit restaurant I sat down and began to look over the menu.

I noticed a girl walking by outside that looked a lot like Jenny. I thought to myself that the resemblance was uncanny.

I looked up again and saw that she was holding a little boys hand....a little boy that looked like my sweet Owen!

Behind them were Adam and Audrey...

I SCREAMED at the top of my lungs as I realized that this was my surprise! (My apologies to the other patrons in the restaurant!)

My son and his family had flown down from Minnesota to Atlanta to celebrate my 60th birthday weekend with me.

I can't think of better present than this wonderful surprise...

: )

P.S. The only thing "missing" was my other son, his wife, and my brand new granddaughter, Celia....I can't wait to be with them in 4 days when I fly up for a week!!!! : )

2 comments:

JeanMac said...

Now that surprise you can manage, right? How wonderful.

Beverly said...

Now that is special!