Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Leaving (again)

Dearest Audrey and Owen,

Well, it looks like my visit has come to an end. : (

I will be heading out very early tomorrow morning before you are awake to catch my plane home to Birmingham.

This was such a special visit with you both. Owen, you are talking so much and that is so cool. You can let us know what you need....or how you are feeling. You even say "Grammie" now...and you know how wonderful that makes me feel!

You are growing up way too quickly as I watch you go running around... singing....or playing with your toys. You are really quite adept at doing puzzles....even the more challenging one that Grammie just brought to you. I have loved watching you play in your new "kitchen" as you prepare eggs and bacon for me and serve it with a cup of coffee. Of course it is all pretend...but to you it is a world of endless possibilities that can only be limited by your own imagination.

Tonight, as I read you a story before you went to sleep, I watched the wonder in your eyes as each page turned. You notice every little detail and interrupt my reading to let me know what you are seeing. I just know that you are brilliant, my sweet Owen.

And, Audrey, you have so many things to learn from your big brother. I love how you can't seem to keep your eyes off of him. And, I tear up when he comes over and hugs you for no reason at all. You are so sweet and so content as you sit in your bouncy chair kicking those cute little legs of yours with such glee. And, I saw you flirting with Dave when he talked to you and you flashed him that huge smile of yours! You are absolutely adorable and so sweet.

Of course, I cried tonight as I hugged you both before you went to sleep. It is so hard leaving you...especially when I know that it will be a while before I see you again. Living far away is so difficult.

Please know how much I love the two of you and that you will stay in my heart as I travel back home tomorrow.

Take good care of your mommy and daddy for me as I love them too.

xoxo,

Grammie

3 comments:

Beverly said...

I'm crying right along with you.

JeanMac said...

Oh, Grammie -

Beverly said...

I tear up reading this. The babies are so precious...