Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Mama said there'd be days like this....

Yesterday was a crazy an interesting day. My mom and sister were flying in and I had a lot of things to get done before they arrived.

I needed to run the kiln so I hurriedly got a little more painting done on my pottery. I have a large commission job that needs to be finished soon....and, with all of my travels, celebrations, etc. there hasn't been a lot of time to work.

The car hadn't been cleaned for a while....so I went to one of those drive through cleaners aptly named "Goo Goo Car Wash"....named after a baby, I presume. : )

As I got the tires on the track and was prompted to stop...I sat back and got ready to go through the machine. Slowly, I went through as the huge rubber pieces began to slap the car. I didn't see any water or soap being sprayed..but, figured that was to come.

The ride continued...still nothing liquid was being placed on my car while various and sundry items were flapping against it. At the end of the "ride" hot, dry air was being forced upon my already dry car. What???!?!?!

As I pulled around I was told that something had malfunctioned and to take the car around for a second time.

As I went through the second time things seemed to be working okay except for the drying part. The force of the drier made me feel as though my front window was going to be blown out. My windshield wipers were being moved around by the strong, hot wind on the car. Frightening.

Finally finished, I began to vacuum my car. When the car was shiny and clean inside and out...I headed out to some more of my errands.

I couldn't believe my eyes....the beautiful, sunny day suddenly darkened and....

..... it began to rain!

Moving on...Karen and Mom were delayed for two hours but finally arrived here late last night...tired, and a bit weary from their day of traveling...but happy to be here. Now, the birthday celebrations can begin.*****

However, when I awoke this morning and went down to open the kiln...I found that one of my pottery pieces had blown up and will have to be redone! aagh.

Luckily, today is a new day.

********I JUST GOT A PHONE CALL FROM JEFFREY. JANET IS IN LABOR AND IN THE HOSPITAL AS I WRITE THIS. STAY TUNED....I may have another grandbaby before the day is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grammie,
What day does your birthday actually fall on? Is it possible that you will be getting a new grandchild for the birthday??? Good news regardless. I am sure Janet and Jeffrey are ready for the arrival. Best wishes to all, and hope the delivery is a smooth one. Have a wonderful Birthday!
Steph

Beverly said...

Hooray for Janet and Jeffrey...and you too.

JeanMac said...

Grammie, never wash your car on a nice day! Murphy's law:)
I did mine by hand tonight and am enjoying the storm clouds gathering - at least it's in the garage.
Oh, excited about Janet and Jeffrey - keep us posted!

L. said...

Steph....my actual birthday is Saturday, the 13th! : )

Thanks for all of your sweet comments everyone!

xoxo
Grammie