Monday, September 29, 2008

Rosh Hashonah

Psalm 81 © 2000 Graphic by Irv Davis

Tonight at sundown marks the first night of the Jewish holiday, Rosh Hashonah.

It is a time of personal reflection and new beginnings. The holiday starts tonight and culminates in 10 days on Yom Kippur and "...is a solemn day, a time of self-examination, when we reflect on our past mistakes and deeply regret our offenses against God and the hurts that we have caused others."

To any of my Jewish readers, I wish you a healthy and sweet New Year.

Peace and love,

Grammie

2 comments:

Beverly said...

I know somewhat about the Jewish Holidays. I have worked with a Jewish doctor for 30 years and was married to a Jewish man...so

I wish you a good New Year...

Beverly said...

I so admire and respect your holy days. May these days be everything to you that you need.