Friday, October 10, 2008

I was so excited as I hurriedly ripped open the package that contained my copy of the Chicken Soup for the Soul: Divorce and Recovery book.

The long-awaited release date for this publication was finally here!

The first thing that I did was go right to the table of contents to look for my story: "Breathe".

After finding it, I sat and read the entire essay from start to finish just to make sure that it was all there! Even though I have reread my entry a million times, this felt like the first time since I was actually seeing it in print.

I'm proud of what I wrote...and, I am hopeful that someone else who might be going through a divorce and a difficult time will read it and find a connection to my story. I am also hopeful that it might bring them a sense of peace, comfort, and a positive outlook for a better future....as they see that they are not alone in their journey.

If any of that happens, I will then know that my story was a success...

1 comment:

Beverly said...

How exciting!!! I clicked on the photo and read what I could. I can only imagine how exciting to see your thoughts on paper, and not just any paper, but a book. WOW...