Wednesday, October 22, 2008

path

You see, when Celia was born and I was in Maryland at Janet and Jeffrey's home, I couldn't help but notice that the front walkway was desperately in need of edging (note the left side of the picture).

Prior to this picture being taken, the right side grass was actually almost meeting the left side grass in the middle of the walkway. I knew that with a brand new baby this was something that they didn't have time to worry about. So, what is a mother/houseguest to do? : )

I asked my son if they had an edger or a weed whacker?

The answer was "no, not yet".

But, I didn't stop there. I rummaged around in their basement and found some little hand clippers no larger than a pair of scissors.

"Aha!" I thought, "I will just use these to trim the overgrown grass".

Easy enough, right?

Wrong.

Sitting on the walkway, I slowly cut my way down to the end. This was not an easy chore and took way longer than I thought that it would.

But, I had already done half of it...I couldn't leave it like that! So, I continued to work my way back up the other side.

When Janet saw what I was doing, she couldn't believe it...and, she ran to get her camera and take a picture of Celia's crazy Grammie squatting on the ground spread eagle trimming the grass with the little hand clippers. Hopefully, that picture has been destroyed...!

No comments: