Thursday, October 23, 2008

stuff...

I was all prepared for my yearly eye exam today. Because I have light blue eyes, dilation pretty much stays with me for most of the day and even keeps me slightly dizzy and/or nauseous. Knowing that my eyes would be dilated and my vision distorted for a while, I tried to get some of my paperwork out of the way earlier. I was smiling over the fact that it was cloudy out and I wouldn't have to struggle with bright sunshine and those awful plastic sunglasses that they give you.

So, you can imagine my surprise when the eye dr. told me that she could use a new machine on my eyes that takes away the need for dilation! In fact, it is actually a more accurate way to test the inside of the eye...and, it can all be saved on the computer for later reference and comparison. This test would cost me an extra $39. but I think that I would have paid anything not to be dilated.

The dr. showed me the "pictures" of my eyes and explained what everything was. It looked just like a mammogram picture but you don't need to get anything squeezed!!

(The good news was that my eyes were healthy.) : )

****************************************************************************

Today is the date of Dave's late sister's birthday. She passed away a year ago this September. Special occasions always make the memories even more present than they are on a daily basis...and the day, more difficult. I've got a hug ready for you when you come over tonight, Dave...

****************************************************************************

A husband of one of my friend's had some exploratory "surgery" done on his throat area causing him to have to go on "voice rest" for a week. He is feeling fine now, but just can't talk. Last night was his usual "poker night" with the guys and I figured that he wouldn't be able to go. After all, when you play poker, you have to make calls as to what you are planning to do. "No problem", his wife told me as she laughed.... "He just made flash cards!".

The poker game must go on!

****************************************************************************

I fell in love with someone yesterday (!!).

I watched this singer on the Ellen Show and was mesmerized by his unique voice. His name is Jason Mraz and he is incredible! If you have a chance, go to his site and you can listen to a little bit of each of his songs. Or go to Youtube.com type in his name. One of my sons called me "Mrs. Hip" when I told him how much I liked Jason's music. Pretty cool, eh?

****************************************************************************

OK. So I went to Target to get two things....Halloween candy and Halloween cards for the grandkids. I walked out with a whole lot more...including Jason Mraz' latest CD. There is just something about that store. As I walk down the aisles, the items call out "Buy me!" "Buy me!" "Buy me!"....and, I do.

****************************************************************************

Oh, and talking about Halloween candy and the annual "Halloween Dilemma" (see earlier post called "Ramblings...")....well, I ended up buying candy that I like! So much for my willpower. I guess that I will just have to eat the leftovers when Halloween is over. Tsk. Tsk.

Maybe I'll do better next year....

****************************************************************************

I suddenly got into making butternut squash soup. I haven't ever had it before, but it seemed appealing to me on this grey, cool day. It came out so good....and it was so easy....I can't wait until dinner tonight.

****************************************************************************

Oh, and the reason that I am blogging so late today is because my cable was down for a while. That means that my phone and computer also didn't work! That's what I get for "bundling" my services I guess! aaargh.

****************************************************************************

Have yourselves a lovely evening. Dave and I will be carving our pumpkins, roasting the seeds....and eating butternut squash soup tonight. See you tomorrow!

xoxo

2 comments:

JeanMac said...

Love, love your post, as usual.

Winifred said...

Mmmmm. I love butternut squash soup, it's one of my favourites.