Friday, November 14, 2008

Word of the Day for Friday, November 14, 2008

ensconced \en-SKONST\, adjective: 1. sheltered comfortably

2. sheltered safely; hidden

Sometimes when my 'word of the day' arrives in my mail list... it seems to 'speak' of what is going on with me at that time.

As we all go through our daily craziness, we sometimes need to just get away from it all and hide away for a few days.

I'll be doing that this coming Monday as I head to the beach with a few of the Girlies.

As soon as we get in the car to head down for this 5 ish hour drive to the Gulf coast, the relaxation will already begin to happen. It's funny how that happens. The further away from Birmingham that we get, the more relaxed we become...Once there and ensconced in the condo...there will be a lot of deep breathing, sighing, talking, laughing, eating, drinking, walking, sleeping, reading, watching sunsets, listening to the sounds of the ocean...and just 'being' (you know--all of the good "ing" words!)...

What's on the 'must-do' agenda when we get down there?

Absolutely nothing.

Ahhhhhh.....

3 comments:

Blessed Beyond Stress said...

Ok Ms World Traveler,

Have a wonderful, relaxing weekend with the girlies! Just don't forget to bring back stories and photos for all your oh-so-devoted blog readers, k?

Luv,

D.

L. said...

Thanks....!
I will actually be bringing my computer with me...and, plan to do some blogging if I'm not feeling too lazy!
xoxo

Winifred said...

Have a lovely break.

But five hours driving?