Thursday, November 06, 2008

back to my peaceful beginnings...

I have made a decision tonight not to post my personal political views on my blog anymore.

This very emotional election has created a lot of controversy. People feel very passionate about what is going on in the political world right now and have found a forum via blogs and comments.

Unfortunately, some of the comments that I have received have been less than kind concerning my feelings about our next President. While I would be totally open to hearing other points of view...some of these comments have been extremely pointed and judgemental and come across as "angry" and mean-spirited.

I began this blog years ago as a diary of sorts to mark my journey as I was getting ready to become a grandmother for the first time. My hope was that this "journal" could be something that my grandchildren could read some day to learn more about their Grammie. It has been a forum for me to express my incredible joy at each of their births as well as the blessed life that I live. I have been very open about many personal feelings and have not regretted anything that I have written....until now.

For all of you who have found my blog through political comments that I have made, please find another place for your comments. I know that your passions are as important as mine, even though we may disagree. I understand the need to allow time for everyone to find their "footing" again and move ahead. I apologize for my wanting everyone to feel the "haze of optimism" that I was experiencing. I see now that my desires were probably unrealistic as well as unfair.

With all of this being said, I have made a personal decision to remove my posts from the last few days. Some of the comments brought my grandchildren into the discussion...and, that is where I must draw the line.

I want to go back to the original intent of my blog...and, I will do that starting tomorrow.

Life is too short for all of this tension and aggressiveness. I would rather spend my energy on peace and goodwill.

xoxo

7 comments:

Beverly said...

I made a post about the election on my blog. The last sentence was "now I will get back to my life as a grandmother"...Hope it wasn't anything I said..if so I apologize..

Blessed Beyond Stress said...

Grammie, I made a comment as well but I don't feel it was negative towards you, nor was it meant to be, and I know I made no mention of your grandchildren. If it was perceived that way, I sincerely apologize.

L. said...

Dana and Beverly...
Your comments were absolutely not the ones that I was speaking of...Please know how much I so appreciate both of your thoughts and comments always!

No apologies necessary!
xoxo
Grammie

Granny Annie said...

I'm with you on these sentiments.

Winifred said...

Everyone has the right to their own opinion.

Religion and politics are very emotive subjects! Sad that people feel the need to be so negative just because their ideas and thoughts are different.

Just keep posting your lovely pictures and don't be put off!

JeanMac said...

It's your blog - but, I understand. I must have been "out to lunch" as didn't see those posts and comments.

Jana said...

It's your blog and you can say what you want to.