Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Cross-eyed with goofy grins.

Scary eyes with a jagged mouth.

Big eyes with a huge toothy smile....etc. etc.

Today is garbage day in my neighborhood and everyone's pumpkins were out by the street on display. Halloween is just a memory now. Unfortunately it is about a 3 lb. sugar weight gain of a memory for me. Next year I will be buying low calorie apples for the kids...!

*****************************************************************

I walked to my polling place this morning expecting to see long and winding lines of voters. To my surprise I was able to get right in and vote without any hassles...put on my "I voted" sticker and walked out. Nice.

I am anxiously awaiting the results this evening, even though there is already talk about malfunctioning voting machines...and overseas ballots not received in time...amongst other glitches. I hope that it does not delay the results in that this campaign has gone on long enough. It is no surprise to my regular readers that I am hopeful of seeing history being made tonight as we elect our first African-American President...Barack Obama.

But, however things turn out, I will be supportive and respectful of the winner.

*****************************************************************

We are getting very spoiled here in Alabama as we have had several days in a row now with the most incredibly beautiful weather! The leaves have begun to show their bright colors...gorgeous. It makes one glad to be alive...

*****************************************************************

My sister, Karen, and I went to a wonderful art show on Sunday. The emphasis of the show was ecology and many of the artists used recycled materials for their art pieces. Students from various local schools had created projects also out of recycled materials. Many of the booths were set up with some ideas for ways to help conserve energy, water, etc. such as collecting rain water and harnessing solar power. It was fascinating and important...not only to me for my time on this earth...but, especially for my kids and grandbabies. I want to make sure and leave a good, clean world in their future...

*****************************************************************

At this same show there was a display of very fancy cakes from several of the local bakeries. The cakes were totally edible and truly works of art. It is amazing what one can do with sugar! For a small fee you could buy "tasting tickets" and sample some of their wares. Luckily, we only purchased enough for three tastes...but, left wanting more of course! Yum.

*****************************************************************

Update on my Mom's Halloween night at "The Home". She ended up dressing like a flapper from the Roaring 20's". She wore a headband and a flapper dress, long pearls, fishnet stockings and heels...put some ringlets in her hair...and, even dotted her cheek with a fake beauty mark! I bet that she turned some heads with that get up.

Well, it turns out that she won second place in the costume contest...her prize was a free massage...which she will probably need after a night in those heels.

Anyway, congrats, Mom....I'm proud of you. Since you have arrived at "The Home" I don't think that it has ever been the same... : )

*****************************************************************

Dave wrenched his back over the weekend so he spent a good deal of time with a heating pad wrapped around his lower back area. Of course, this did not stop him from playing golf Saturday and Sunday. By Monday morning I wasn't sure if he could get his socks on by himself as I heard groans coming from the bedroom....MEN!!!!

*****************************************************************

Tomorrow afternoon I am having some of the Girlies over for game night. I purchased this game call "LCR" online after having heard that it was a lot of fun. Well, much to my surprise, the entire game consisted of three dice and a handful of chips. It came in a little tube...and I kept searching in the envelope for something more...but, that was it. You roll the dice and either end up passing a chip (or money if you so choose) to the person on your left (L), your right (R), the pot in the center (C) or do nothing at all (.). Eventually someone ends up with all of the chips and the game is over. It seems rather basic...but, I plan to serve lots of wine, so it should be fun! Stay tuned...

*****************************************************************

Well, whatever party you belong to...or whoever you feel would make the best leader of this great country of ours....please, please go and vote. It will make you feel good.

XOXO

1 comment:

JeanMac said...

I watched all evening! Glued to CN*