Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Arms full of love.....

Dearest Audrey and Owen,

As I looked through all of the pictures (150 in all!) that I took while with you last week, I couldn't help but smile.

It was such a wonderful time....mostly doing "nothing" but just watching the two of you being adorable.

Owen, you are talking so much more than the last time that we were together (September)...and, you are such fun to be around! You remind me so much of your daddy when he was your age. Always smiling and happy...AND, full of energy! You are beginning to act like a two year old is supposed to act....and trying to find your "independent" spirit...(another word for saying "no" a lot)!

I loved watching you sit and play...You especially enjoy building things...your Thomas, the Train track and your Leggos (and, later, tearing them apart with unabashed delight!). We decided that you might be an engineer (or a train conductor!) one day!

Your determination is impressive to watch. You will stick with something for quite a while before giving up on it or asking for help. And, you gleefully proclaim, "I did it! I did it" when the mission is accomplished.

Sometimes, even when you are "misbehaving"...I have to hide my grin....because you are so darn cute and lovable!

Your mind seems so full of possibilities....and I look forward to following you every step of the way on your journey to being "grown-up".

Audrey, Audrey, Audrey! What can a Grammie say about you? You are not only beautiful (those blue eyes!)...but, such a sweetheart. You take everything in that is going on around you and you don't want to miss a thing. I found that the only way to successfully feed you your bottle was to take you to a quiet place where nothing was going on at the time. You are an observer right now as you watch your brother play...but, it won't be long before you will be joining in. You adore him and give him a big smile whenever he comes around you and gives you lots of hugs.

You are so joyous as you sit in your bouncy chair kicking those little legs of yours. Oh, did I say "little" legs? Actually, you are filling out quite nicely (!) and have the most squeezable legs around!!! They are so strong and hold you up quite well when I have you in an upright position. They are also helping you roll over from your back to your belly! I have a feeling that you are going to be an early crawler/walker!

You are exploring your voice right now as you squeal with delight to anyone who will listen. Like your mom and dad, you are a very social creature and you have a big smile for anyone who approaches you. I can tell that you like the attention...You go, girl! : )

You seem to have a wonderful disposition, my sweet Audrey...and, with those looks, the boys just better watch out when you grow up....that's all I can say!

Again, I left you all with a heavy, but filled, heart. I have my 150 pictures to look at whenever I need an Audrey and Owen "fix"....and then there are those wonderful pictures that remain in my heart always.

I love you both more than I can put into words.

See you again soon, I hope.

Your Grammie

4 comments:

Beverly said...

What fun to read! I must confess my eyes fill with tears when I read your words and thing how much Owen and Ella parallel each other.

She'll be coming to Florida January 1...hooray. We're going to DisneyWorld.

L. said...

Thanks, Beverly!
I also enjoy hearing about Ella's journey through your eyes..

DisneyWorld? Such fun!!!! I know that you can't wait...
xoxo

JeanMac said...

Beautiful, beautiful!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Beautiful words. Thank you for your kind words to me. You are an inspirtion to me.