Wednesday, January 14, 2009

etc. etc. etc.

Interesting day, today.

The highlight of the day was going back to the dentist to have my temporary crowns replaced with permanent ones. Not really fun...but, two down...two more to go.

******************************************************************************

The good news is that American Idol has started it's season again. I am such a fan...it's pitiful. But, there is something about an "unknown" winning this title and becoming a star that just gets to me.

I like it best when they get down to the finalists...but, this part of the journey is fun, too.

I dont even answer my phone between the hours of 7-9. Crazy, eh?

*****************************************************************************

Ok. So the temps are hovering around minus 20 something in Minnesota. I called my kids to see how they were doing. Adam's words to me were: "Why would anyone live here?". It does make one wonder....Bundle up, my darlings.

*****************************************************************************

I'm having a 60th birthday party here in my home in a week for a close girlfriend. I am busy getting it together....but, it is joyful to me to be doing something for this special friend. The party will be from 5-7 (girls only!) and will be for drinks and hors d'eurves. She loves games....so that will be part of the evening, too. More on this later...

*****************************************************************************

I just received my t-shirt from the Susan Komen walk that's in two weeks down in Florida. I added some pink bows and the words "Karen's Warriors" in honor of my sister, Karen, a 9 year survivor. I can't wait to fly down there and celebrate her nine years!

*****************************************************************************

Freeze warnings here in Birmingham tonight. The newspeople are warning us to get ready and make the necessary preparations. I covered one of my outdoor faucets with towels to keep it warm...and I just got out my warmest jammies. Hopefully, I have done enough and will make it through these frigid temps unscathed.

*****************************************************************************

Dave and I are going to hear Celine Dion tomorrow night. First we will go to our traditional eat-before-the-show place...and, then on to the show. Stay tuned for the critique on this one...

*****************************************************************************

XOXO

2 comments:

Tabor said...

Sounds like a fun few days ahead. I can not remember my last REAL birthday party. Kind of sad.

Clara....in TN said...

I'm an American Idol fan also. The try-outs at the very beginning are so funny. It makes for a good laugh, but I'm like you...towards the end after they have gotten rid of all the bad ones.. It gets really good. Did you see Castro's brother? You remember the fourth runner up last year that had those long twisted locks? His brother is not a singer, but he did better than some of the rest. I didn't like his pink hair very much! LOL