Monday, January 05, 2009

The Novocaine's wearing off....

What a fun day. (sarcasm intended here)

I had a ten o'clock dental appointment that didn't end until after 12.

Two old crowns were removed and there was a lot of crunching and drilling and probing and scraping and tapping and air-blowing and water spraying..and suctioning.....etc.....the dentist (who is also my friend!) did so much work that it felt like he was building a condominium in my mouth. But, he did a great job and I left there with two temporary crowns in my still-numb mouth.

Oh, to go back in time and take better care of my teeth as a youngster! Of course, we didn't have the benefits of flouride back then...and I loved sweets! Hopefully, my grandkids may never have to know what it is like to have fillings or crowns...How nice for them.

Even though I couldn't feel my mouth...I went out after my appointment to do a few errands. It was strange trying to talk with a numb tongue! When I tried to ask a saleperson a question, she looked at me oddly...probably wondering if I had been hitting the bottle for an early morning nip.

Of course, now that the Novocaine's wearing off, the throbbing is beginning.So, I will end here and go take a couple of Advil's and have myself a little personal pity party.

: )

2 comments:

Tabor said...

Hope that you feel better by now. having the dentist do repair work is not my favorite thing...needless to say.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

I have a dental appointment in the morning. Dreaded. 1 crown and a filling. I have always had good teeth. Why now do I have to go through with this.
Hope you are feeling better.