Saturday, January 17, 2009

Pretty cold temps here in the deep South...in the teens yesterday and in the low 20's today. Many would disagree with me...but, I actually like it................for a while, anyway. (!)

I think that I feel that way because of having grown up in S. Florida where the temps are warm and mild all year round.

Now, a little snow mixed in with all of this frigid weather would really make things fun! : )

************************************************************************

Celine Dion's concert Thursday night was quite glitzy and fun. What a voice! She can really belt out those songs...and, she is such a tiny, little thing. Pretty amazing.

The seats that Dave got were fabulous...and really made the show enjoyable. The fuzzy picture above was taken with my cell phone from where we were sitting....just to give you an idea of what it was like. The stage was in the center of the coliseum and Celine and the dancers, etc, moved around frequently so that everyone had a chance to see them up close. It was quite an event.

***********************************************************************

People continue to sing the praises of the incredible job that the U.S. Air pilot, Chesley Sullenberger, did in maneuvering his plane safely into the Hudson River. He sounds like he is calm, cool, and collected all of the time...just the type of person that one wants behind the controls of the airplane that you are on.

Not only is he a pilot who loves flying....he also knows all of the ins and outs of an airplane. He loves the "art of the airplane" and spent much of his life studying these incredible structures. It was probably this knowledge that helped him land safely in in this particular situation....Makes one wonder if all pilots should have more training in the actual composition of the plane? Maybe they do?

**********************************************************************

One of my new crowns is giving me a little trouble as I have had some off and on throbbing. I am crossing my fingers that a root canal is not in my immediate future...aaack. Especially not this week as I am hosting a rather large group of women over here in my home to celebrate my friend's 60th birthday Wednesday night.........Root canal wasn't on my "to-do" list...

**********************************************************************

I just looked out my office window into my backyard. The birds are happily eating at their feeder this morning. I saw that their supply was down last night....so, I bundled myself up....and poured the seeds down the feeder tube...I figured that having food available in these frigid temperatures is especially important.

Motherly instinct, I guess.

**********************************************************************

Well, it is time to get this slow-moving body of mine onto the treadmill for my morning walk. It is waaay too chilly outside to walk...and, I am grateful to be able to still get my exercise inside. I'll put on the little tv down there....catch up on today's news....and get my day started.

I hope that you all have a good one!

xoxo

2 comments:

Clara....in TN said...

I love Celine Dion too! She has been a favorite of mine for a long time. Her husband had cancer at one time. Is he still alive?

Beverly said...

I am finally visiting some blogs...
It sounds like you have had some fun lately