Thursday, February 05, 2009

Ain't Misbehavin' and burglar alarms

Little did I know that when Dave and I left last night to see the Broadway Series show, Ain't Misbehavin', that it would be such an "exciting" night.

The show brought several American Idol stars with it...including Birmingham's own Ruben Studdard who won the title in 2003. Two ther A.I. alums, Frenchie Davis and Trenyce Cobbins were also in this production.

While the show started out a bit slow, things really picked up by the second half! The voices were strong and the harmonies were fabulous...and they got "the joint a'jumpin' " before too long.

Dave didn't realize that the whole show was just music of the 20's and 30's by "Fats" Waller...and, at one point whispered to me: "What is the story line here? When are the characters going to start to talk?"! The whole musical probably wasn't "his thing"...however I did notice some toe tapping coming from his side several times! : )

Ruben sounded great, but, to me, Frenchie stole the show. She belted out those songs with such passion and heart...it was amazing! She is a large woman...and, she used her body in ways that I didn't know were possible for someone her size. Great talent and showmanship...

As we left the theater, I turned my cell phone back on only to find out that I had missed two calls. The first message was from my alarm people letting me know that my alarm had gone off. The second message was from my neighbor who let me know that several policemen were called to the scene and had walked through the entire house looking for any evidence of a break in.

The good news was that they did not find any problems and that it was a false alarm.......the bad news was that it took them 30 minutes to respond to the call.

That was not good to hear....and, a phone call was made to the Sergeant this morning to make them aware of the situation.

He promised me that they would look into it and find out why there was such a long delay. Then he would have "his people call my people".

Right.

Stay tuned on that one.

1 comment:

Blessed Beyond Stress said...

"His people would call your people!" That is a scream Grammie! You're definitely right, though, it wasn't good that it took them so long. You know, I read just yesterday about the 21-yr-old woman down in Florida who was kidnapped, someone saw her in the kidnapper's vehicle screaming and pounding on the window for help, the woman who saw her called the 9-1-1 dispatchers and it took way too long and she ended up dead. Horrible, horrible! But, the good news is that it's changed the 9-1-1 system for the better supposedly and they're enacting laws because of this poor woman's fate.