Monday, February 02, 2009

Home Sweet Home-Part One

Well, the trip down to Florida started last Tuesday as I boarded the plane in Birmingham heading to Atlanta and then on to West Palm Beach. Once we began to get in line to take off, the pilot announced that we would be delayed due to "low visibility" in Atlanta. So, we sat on the plane for about 40 minutes before getting clearance to take off.

Once in Atlanta, I again boarded another Delta jet that would take me to my final destination. We were all situated in our seats, the safety information was given out by the stewardess...and, then the pilot made an announcement that we all needed to get off of the plane due to an engine problem. This particular plane would be out of service for several hours... and we were told to wait to see if there was another plane that we could board.

...there was.......two hours later.

So, the beginning of the trip was taking a slow start...but, I finally got there late in the afternoon. I guess that all's well that ends well...and, I was grateful that the engine issue was discovered sooner rather than later! : O

************************************************************************

My sister and her husband took us out to a Greek restaurant called Taverna Opa! There were eight of us at our table... We were looking over the menu when suddenly the music got very loud and a belly dancer (without an ounce of fat on her body, I might add!) began to make her way around the room. Next thing we knew, she was up on our table dancing away while the waiters gathered around throwing paper napkins (better than breaking plates, eh?) up in the air and shouting "Opa! Opa!". As the napkins flew around her, she began to get several of us up on the table tops to make total fools of ourselves dance with her...

I'm getting waaaay too old for this kind of stuff.......but, it was kind of fun. (see pictures below)

***********************************************************************

Jeffrey, Janet and Celia were in Florida visiting my ex...but stopped by to spend a little time with me while I was down there. Celia just gets cuter and cuter every time that I see her. It was so wonderful watching my mom with her...she hadn't ever seen Celia and it was a real thrill to see her joy. Celia cooed and smiled just at the right times...it was such a great moment.

***********************************************************************

If you notice that we are all bundled up in the picture two posts ago. A cold front came through Florida while I was there and it was freezing! No one expected it this time of the year....when the temps usually hover around 80 and, instead were in the 40's.

I guess that the only good thing was that no bathing suit had to be put on this pasty lily white body of mine...

***********************************************************************

Laundry awaits....more on the Race for the Cure...tomorrow. : )

1 comment:

Winifred said...

It must have been awful sitting there on those planes just waiting. Well better to arrive late than not at all.

That Greek night sounds really good fun and nice your mam got to see her great granddaughter on your trip.