Thursday, March 26, 2009

bits and pieces

Thunderstorms rumbled into my area around 5 a.m. this morning, waking me up. I quickly turned on the tv to make sure we weren't under any kind of watch/warning. We weren't....tried to go back to sleep...but, instead, I just laid there wide awake listening to the noisy weather and watching the lightning "light show" outside my window. Yawn.

***********************************************************************

I just sent in my votes for my weekly American Idol contest. We had to, again, put in who we thought the bottom three would be and who would be going home. It isn't always who I personally think might be going...but who I think America will be sending home. After much deliberation (I have to get a life), I chose Megan, Scott, and Michael....with Michael going home.

I actually like Megan, but her sultry monotone voice just sounds the same when she is having to sing songs out of her comfort zone. I loved Adam Lambert's singing last night...he cleaned up some of his 'goth' act, took off the black nail polish, slicked back his hair.... and really sang beautifully. I believe that he is in a whole different league than the others. (!)

Matt Giraurd still continues to be soulful and smooth...Chris Allen is a cutie with a good voice...Anoop is really showing that he has a great set of pipes....still liking Danny Gokey, Lil Rounds, and Allyson Iruheta.

We will have to wait and see how accurate my predictions are tonight. Wish me luck. : )

**********************************************************************

Rain, rain, and more rain to come. I am a bit concerned about my replaced header lines that were tied into my existing field lines from my septic tank...because the gentleman told me that he had to put one section of the line above a large root so that he wouldn't kill the tall tree back there. That meant that the line was only about 6 inches from the top of the ground....AND, with all of this rainfall (5 inches predicted!)...it may change the 6 inches into 'not-much-covering-it-at-all'. Now, that would not be good. I made a call into the septic tank people (two days ago) who did the work...still haven't heard back from them. Hmmmm.

*********************************************************************

In my quiet moments...the 'stuff' going on in the world really gets to me. I try not to feel a sense of panic...but, it seems to be getting more and more difficult to avoid. The world seems so complicated to me right now. People are losing confidence in everything that used to feel so secure and safe...I am trying to find a place of calmness to go to in these times...but, it does seem to get more burdensome every day...

I don't know what the future holds for all of us...but, I am still hopeful...still trying to see through those rose-colored glasses of mine...

********************************************************************

Enough of this...the rain has temporarily subsided...and I am going to head out for my morning walk!

No comments: