Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday, Monday....

What is going on with the weather? I actually had the air-conditioning on Friday night because the house was so warm....torrential rain on Saturday....and, then freezing temps Sunday morning. So, the heat went back on last night...and, those ridiculous "Snuggies" commercials are back on. Crazy...

***********************************************************************

Thanks to Owen's rendition of "Take Me Out To The Ballgame", I now have that song playing over and over again in my head. Adam told me that the daycare ladies even sent a note home with Owen the other day telling them that he was singing it all day in daycare and that they couldn't get it out of their heads!!

Note to Adam and Jenny: teach him another song real soon! : )

**********************************************************************

The countdown begins for when my whole 'crew' will be heading to Grammie's house! SIXTEEN more days....but, who's counting?!!!! I will have all three grandkids here all at one time....oh, yeah, and, their parent's too. : )

I am busily borrowing some baby items from other grandma's and getting ready for my four days of heaven. Can't wait to get them all in my arms!!!!!!!

*********************************************************************

The pollen is out in full force right now! Looking out my window this morning, I see a sea of yellow all over my pool cover. That can only mean one thing....allergy season is upon us...Ah choo!

********************************************************************

My wonderful birds are eating me out of house and home! There are so many of them dining out at "Grammie's Cafe and Spa" lately that they go through my bird food ridiculously quickly. This is starting to really cost me a lot of money. Anyone know where I can get large amounts of wild bird food for "cheep, cheep"?

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

*******************************************************************

Well, the basketball final four has finally been determined. Now, I don't want to brag, but in the family pool, I am actually in first place!

Of course, the fact that I entered 7 different choices to everyone else's one or two wouldn't have anything to do with that, would it?

Hey, a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do, right?

*******************************************************************

As I down my 10 morning vitamins each day, I can't help but wonder if these supplements really work? Every day there is a new study out there in the medical field about whether these products are really doing any good...or, if we are just wasting our money. It seems that one day they are telling us that product 'A' is really helpful....only to find out months later that it maybe isn't so good after all.

They have even confused me on the wine/no wine issue. I was joyful when we were told to drink red wine and it will do wonders for your cardiovascular system. So, I did...strictly for medical reasons, of course. : )

Now, the red wine story is starting to sound very different with links to other diseases, etc. Aaagh.

It's enough to drive a person to drink...

******************************************************************

And, then there is chocolate...Why does bitter dark chocolate have to be the one that is good for us???? Why couldn't they do a study on smooth, creamy milk chocolate. Take M & M's for example. How about testing them for good health....I bet that they are good for something!

I'd even volunteer for that study... : )

******************************************************************

Have a nice Monday! xoxo

1 comment:

Tabor said...

Make sure that you decide whether you are going to cook or babysit. You will not be able to do both. My advice is to get lots of pre-made stuff or do some pre-cooking so that you can enjoy the little ones. And, of course you know, be prepared for at least two days of recovery after they leave.