Thursday, April 09, 2009

Giddy Grammie loves Adam Lambert!

I didn't feel this way in the beginning.

In fact, I was a little taken aback by the black nail polish and the Goth look...which was really unfair and a bit judgemental of me. I guess that as my generation ages, these little things can seem a bit odd....just like our parents had to deal with our tie dyed rainbow shirts, bell bottoms and flowers in our hair in the 60's! (Peace, man!)

But, then he began to really grow on me as the weeks went by.

His voice was unlike any other...and, he seemed humble and sweet. He took songs that I knew and (as Paula says...) "made them his own" with that "Adam touch". His range was incredible...at times belting out rock songs in a loud voice reaching all kinds of falsetto marks....or gently singing a ballad.

I found myself looking forward to his turn on the show week after week.

His latest song choice, "Mad World" was absolutely, incredibly beautiful. His voice had a soft sweetness to it that made me want to hear more and more. I played it over and over again from the online video...and, thought to myself that I would go out and buy a cd from this singer in an instant....and, I would wait in line to purchase tickets for a show that he was in.

That's how much I adore this young, aspiring American Idol contestant, Adam Lambert.

He makes me feel like a teenager again... and, I can't wait to see what he sings this coming Tuesday.

The reality is that I am just another "giddy grammie" from his growing flock of admirers...most of whom are probably forty-five or so years younger than I am.

**sigh**