Friday, April 03, 2009

Oh no! Not my beloved Pistachio nuts!!!

I adore Pistachio nuts!!

Last November I purchased a gigantic bag of Pistachio nuts at Sam's.

By mid-December, every last one of these tasty nuts was eaten and enjoyed.

In January of this year I baked a Pistachio pound cake. You know the kind-- where you take the basic yellow cake mix and add Pistachio pudding to it. Mmmm.

By the end of the week Dave and I had finished every last bit of it.

Fast forward to yesterday when I received a recorded phone message warning me not to eat any of the Pistachio nuts (or Pistachio nut products) that I had purchased from Sam's in November 2008--in that there was a nationwide recall-- because of possible health risks to consumers! (Sam's has a way of going through their sales info and weeding out specific purchases by their customers...thus my pistachio-loving name came up on their computer.) I was advised to bring in my bag of nuts and/or a receipt for a full refund.

I did appreciate the warning....however, it was a little late, don't you think? I mean, would anyone still have a bag of nuts from November hanging around their house in April?

First it was peanuts and peanut products....and, now this.

What is a nut addict supposed to do? And, what is going on in the nut factories that is causing these Salmonella outbreaks? Where are the health inspectors when you need them? Who is regulating this industry? Aaack!

Hey, I could handle the spinach recall...but, this latest one is making me go a little nutty! (You had to know that was coming...!) What's next? My delicious almonds.....walnuts.....pine nuts.....? Nooooooooo.......

: O

2 comments:

Debz said...

For real! What did they think you bought them for? Decoration?! Those suckers were long gone!

JeanMac said...

Yikes, glad you're Ok!