Saturday, August 29, 2009

Peppermint tea

Gas.

There, I said it.

It is one of those great jokes that our bodies play once every once in a while...

Now, I don't know if it is still a side-effect of the Boniva pill that I took on Monday (I'm blaming everything on that whether it is true or not!)...but, it is definitely an issue right now.

So, I did what any sensible "cyber chick" would do....I Googled the word to see what the experts suggested for relief.

Peppermint tea was high on the list...so, I had Dave pick some up last night on his way over here for dinner.

I am not really a fan of flavored teas...but, this was do or die...so, I made myself several cups of hot peppermint tea and drank it down. It was actually kind of nice.

I have to admit...it did kind of help the first issue...but, it also gave me a touch of heartburn.

Aaagh.....!

***********************************************************************

It looks like another exciting Saturday for me and Dave.

He played golf this morning with the guys while I created pottery pieces here at home.

Now, we are getting ready to watch the semi-finals of the Little League World Series. The team from Texas will be facing off with the team from California. The winner will play the team from China tomorrow afternoon for the championship game.

Then, after dinner, our Boggle tournament will continue. Dave is ahead right now by one game, so I need to win tonight.

All of that excitement and a couple of glasses of wine...the thrills just keep on coming! : )

***********************************************************************

My Minneapolis kids will be moving into their new home on Monday! As you can imagine, they are crazily trying to pack everything up while keeping Owen and Audrey entertained.

I can't wait to see the house...it sounds a lot roomier than what they are in now...and, the neighborhood supposedly has a lot of young families in it....as well as a good school system.

Most importantly is the spare bedroom downstairs reserved for grandparent visits...

Yessssss!

**********************************************************************

I had to laugh when I heard Dave singing "Happy Birthday to You" while washing his hands today.

I had mentioned to him last night that handwashing was so important these days and that the CDC suggested that you wash your hands long enough to sing one or two verses of Happy Birthday.

Well, maybe it wasn't the CDC...but, someone on the news did make that statement.

It was probably a mother.

: )

*********************************************************************

The rain delay is over and the Little League game is getting ready to start. Time to pour the wine....

1 comment:

listen for azure said...

Something about your day - besides the need for peppermint tea - seems so magnificent. Enjoy your love and your little world, along with a blog hug from me!