Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Soggy, saturated, drenched....etc.

I haven't ever seen anything like this.

Rain, rain, and more rain, continues to fall in my area...and, as the headlines exclaimed in this morning's paper: "It's not over yet!"

Moss is growing, weeds are flourishing, animals are seeking shelter, and everything just feels totally soggy.

The very serious part of this system that is hovering over the Southeast is that flooding is occurring and some fatalities have been reported. Saturated roots are causing some trees to fall over...and traffic accidents on slippery roads have increased.

It's time to dry out!

Are you listening, Mother Nature?

****************************************************************

Mah Jongg lesson number two was yesterday afternoon. I must admit, we are getting better and learning it at a pretty fast clip. There are still parts that confuse me...but, the more that we play, the more that I can understand.

It is a game of skill and luck. Kind of like "life"....

****************************************************************

Gripe of the day....Why is it that when you bring your reusable grocery bags to the store the baggers fill them up so much that they are too heavy to lift? I always ask them to please fill them lightly so that I can get them up my two flights of stairs...but, no matter how many times I say that...they end up weighing more than I can handle. Aagh.

****************************************************************

Even though my birthday has come and gone, I continue to get a few belated birthday cards. The senders are always apologetic...however, I kind of like receiving them after the fact. It prolongs the celebration for me...and, there's nothing better than that.

***************************************************************

Dave makes fun of my love affair with my pillows. I have to admit that I am very attached to them. I have one pillow that I put between my knees when I sleep...two pillows under my head and one large pillow that I "hug" while I doze off.

My favorite pillow is getting on in years....but, I am not ready to let it go yet even though it is probably time to get rid of it. It is the one that I take with me on road trips in that the ones in the hotels are never as good as my trusty old pillow.

Am I the only one who has this pillow attachment?

***************************************************************

After working in the neighbor's yard Sunday, I am finding that I have muscle soreness in places that I didn't even know I had muscles. It is taking a little more effort to walk up the stairs and, getting up from my chair is making me feel old and creaky.

I also noticed that the poison ivy bumps are developing so I am covering myself with "Ivy Dry" solution to keep it from spreading.

With all that being said, I wouldn't trade any of these minor issues from the goodwill that was accomplished that day. : )

2 comments:

Granny Annie said...

We are quite soggy too. Plus I'm a pillow hugger. Amazing the thing people have in common.

listen for azure said...

Its unseasonably warm in the 80s and 90s in Portland. I will do my best to send you guys some sunshine!! I don't like to see that there's flooding there, dust storms and hail storms in Australia and a tropocal storm heading toward the west coast...