Thursday, October 22, 2009

Coming up for air....

Two more days until my pottery show here in my studio. I am a bit (ha!) stressed about it all...what if no one comes...and what if tons of people come? Aack.

I'm practicing my deep breathing techniques right now....Breathe in. Breathe out.

I'll let you know when it starts working. In the meantime, I will just go and eat another piece of chocolate.

Ahhhhh.....

**********************************************************************

Teal is the color for ovarian cancer. Since my dear friend was just diagnosed, we are all painting our toenails with teal polish until her chemo is done! Even her husband painted his pinkie to show support...!

**********************************************************************

I have been desperate to get a flu shot because I will be up in Minnesota in exactly one week and I always seem to pick up the grandkid's "daycare germs"!

The problem is that most places around here are out of the serum. After making tons of phone calls, I finally found out that my ENT doctor's office had 15 shots left if I could get there by 11:30 this morning. I found that out at 10:45. So, I jumped into the shower, partially dried my hair...threw on some clothing and drove over to the medical center.

I arrived there around 11:15. His office is part of a huge hospital complex and, as usual, I got lost and couldn't find him. I finally called them from the hallway and said, "Help! I can't find you!!" I am sure that the nurse thought that I was some maniac as she calmly told me that I was just one floor away.

I can see the headlines now: "Crazed woman runs through medical center trying to get one of 15 flu shots available!!"

Bottom line: I did get it....and, now my arm is sore. But, I don't mind. : )

*********************************************************************

Talked with Mom today. She is trying to think about what she will dress up as for the annual Halloween costume contest at "The Home". Last year she went as a flapper from the 1920's and won second prize. A woman with bags taped all over her went as "A Bag Lady" and won first.

Between you and me, I think that Mom is hoping to nab that first place trophy this year even though she is acting very nonchalant about the whole thing.

Her idea is to go to Michael's Craft Store and purchase a large cut out pumpkin poster...cover herself in a sheet...put the pumpkin over that, covering her face...and put on a wig? Huh?

I suggested that she stick a pillow under a blouse and go as a pregnant 86 yr. old woman.

She was still laughing as we hung up the phone.

*******************************************************************

My break is over. Back to work. Ta ta.

2 comments:

Granny Annie said...

Hum, I never thought of dressing up for Halloween as a pregnant 63 year old. The problem is I wouldn't need the pillow. Eeeeeeeek!

jeanmac said...

Glad you got your shot Ok - we haven't been able to yet.