Sunday, October 04, 2009

"Where have you been, Grammie?"

Well, Friday night I finished working late and then sat down to write on my blog. I wrote and wrote and wrote and then....I lost my cable connection. Nothing was saved...and the computer didn't work again until later on Saturday. So, I had nothing to post.

Saturday night and Dave and I went out to dinner. We got home late....so, again no post.

Here it is Sunday night and I am going to attempt to write again.

It was a nice, relaxing weekend. I needed it to make my way through the emotions of last week. Even though my friend is getting stronger each day as she heals from her surgery, she is now facing several months of intense chemotherapy.

I am organizing meals to be taken over to her...and, everyone is being wonderful about that. I have always said that this is a special community...and, it is proving to be so true. We all look out for one another...and that is so wonderful.

Good news from the Minnesota clan. It seems as if Owen's first week of the new daycare was a bit rocky as he went thorugh a bit of separation anxiety...however, on Friday, he went without a problem. So, life is good there. Also from Minnie comes the great news that Adam has gotten a promotion at work. During this time that everyone is losing jobs, that certainly gives them a sigh of relief to know that his job is quite safe. ....makes a mother proud. : )

I am on day four of my Prednisone treatment for my poison ivy...and I am sorry to say that I am still itching...and still jumpy from the steroids. This too shall pass.

Unfortunately, (or, fortunately, for me) Desperate Housewives is coming on in a few minutes...so, I am going to have to end this for now....but, I just wanted you to know that I am still here! : )

1 comment:

Granny Annie said...

I cannot think of a better thing to learn on a Monday morning. Glad to start the week knowing you are still here:)