Saturday, November 21, 2009

The bird at my window...

Lately, while sitting at my computer desk, I have observed an absolutely beautiful cardinal who seems to like a certain branch right outside my window. Since I am high up on the second floor of my house, he is perched on a tall branch where he can observe the whole backyard.

I wonder if he is keeping an eye on his "kids" as they dine on my birdfeeder down below? Or, could he be the "lookout" bird who guards the yard from strangers?

Maybe he is just serenely enjoying the view as he takes a break from his flying through the air?

Whatever he is up to, it gives me a calm feeling as I watch him sitting there seemingly content...

It makes me stop and pause from whatever I am busily doing....making for a nice break in my day.

I look forward to these daily visits of quiet reflection and peace.......

No comments: