Monday, November 30, 2009

A letter to Celia

My dear Celia,

As I sit here at my computer desk this morning I am smiling as I think about our time together this Thanksgiving.

Your adorable face just lights up the room wherever you are. And, those eyes! Those gorgeous eyes of yours just immediately capture our attention and draw us right in.

We had so much fun with you as we watched your every move....and laughed at your cute antics....like when you put your hands on your waist or behind your back and swayed back and forth....we are thinking that was dancing. So cute.

Your giggles were contagious as anyone played "peek-a-boo" or "chased" after you! You seemed to love the anticipation of what was to come and then "screamed" in joyous delight that kept all of us laughing right along with you.

It seemed like we could just sit and watch you for hours...you are so entertaining!

Even though my mom (your great grandmother) doesn't get to see you very often...she will forever remember her days with you sitting on her lap and laying your head on her chest in such a loving manner. It was almost as if you sensed that this was a very special relationship. She will be talking about "her wonderful Celia" for many days to come.

Toys are fun....but, you seemed to delight in pushing buttons, "talking" on the phone, hitting the keys on the computer, and holding onto keys! You are fascinated with keys! In fact, I noticed last night that you are holding keys in almost all of the pictures that I took of you! I love that you know what you want and will persist until you get it! : )

So, my dear Celia, today I am posting one of my favorite moments with you...watching you eat your Cheerios and milk! You would put the whole bowl in your mouth at once if you could...What a joy you are...

And, this Grammie couldn't love you any more than I do as I find myself missing your presence already...

Be a good girl...and I will see you in a few weeks!

I love you,

Grammie

1 comment:

Clara....in TN said...

She is precious. You are making some good memories there!