Monday, December 14, 2009

Another day, another tissue

It's times like this that one wishes they had had the foresight to invest in Kleenex stock....as, this lingering head cold continues to, er, linger.

I am flying out of here this coming Saturday as I head north for some family visits...so, I am giving this "thing" exactly 5 days to get out of my system! (please....?)

Unfortunately, I guess that misery does love company as both my Mom and my sister, Marsha, both have this same thing that I have. My sister was hysterical yesterday as she told me that all she has wanted to eat were noodles! noodles! and more noodles! She said that she will eat any kind as long as it gets soft in water. She thought that her lack of eating would have helped her lose a little weight....but, found out that the noodles have, instead, caused her to gain weight this last week or so. I totally feel her pain.

I did go to the store today to purchase some of those special tissues that have the lotion right in them. Supposedly, this will soothe the redness around the nose....and, believe me, my red nose definitely needs some soothing.

Rudolph has nothing on me...

1 comment:

Nimbostratusdweller said...

Hi Grammie.
I want to suggest Ginger tea with honey in copious amounts. I had a cold a few years ago and my friends from India force fed mr this tea. I was well in one week. From miserable to strong.

I just noticed a comment you made to a short story I wrote. Sorry I missed you. I have a new blog and rarely get to cloud hidden anymore. But wanted to say hello.

I apreciate your consideration and feedback. . Sherry