Saturday, December 19, 2009

"Historical, record-breaking, winter wallop"

These are some of the words being used by the media to describe the huge snowstorm that is occurring along the Eastern coastline....including my planned destinations: Baltimore, Washington, D.C. Princeton, NJ...and, eventually, Wilmington, Delaware.

Even though I changed my ticket from today to early tomorrow morning, I am now getting a little concerned that I may not even be able to get there then...? One by one flights are being cancelled.....I am glued to my tv as I watch the weathermen continually counting the mounting inches of falling snow and predicting more to come.

The little girl in me is wishing that I could be there playing in the beautiful snow....making snowmen and snow angels, etc.

But, the adult in me is so disappointed that I am having to sit and wait this thing out in hopes of eventually making my way there.

So, , in the meantime, I am just going to have to go downstairs, make myself a nice, warm cup of hot cocoa... fill it with tons of miniature marshmallows and continue to optimistically finish my packing......

2 comments:

Granny Annie said...

All will be well and remember my favorite quote, "Worry is a prayer for something you don't want". Shalom

JeanMac said...

Keep safe!