Monday, December 28, 2009

An interesting trip begins with snow....

(a shot of the snow in D.C. when I arrived)

Cancelled flights...record breaking snowfall...my December trip up north began.

First stop...Baltimore where I was picked up by my son, Jeffrey. We headed back to D.C. and picked up Janet and granddaughter, Celia and headed to Princeton, NJ. We were a bit concerned about the roads....but, made it there safely several hours later. Unlike Birmingham, where a dusting of snow causes the city to go into panic mode, the cities up north are much better prepared for these events!

Once we settled inside to the warmth of Janet's parent's lovely home, we sat and watched Celia joyfully playing with some of her new Chanukah toys...including this wonderful "tunnel" that brought out some of the best giggles that I have ever heard...