Thursday, December 10, 2009

...just when you think it is safe to put the cough syrup away.....

I had a total coughing fit last night. You know the kind...where you can't seem to stop and you feel like you aren't going to live through it (a little drama added here for effect).

I took my heavy duty cough medicine and went to bed...only to awaken around 2 a.m. coughing again. So much for heavy duty!

While lying there awake I began to think of the benefits of coughing like this. I had noticed how sore my stomach muscles were after coughing and began to think about a new exercise video........."Want to tighten up those stomach muscles?...try 'Coughing for Abs!'. "

Think that it would sell???? : O

4 comments:

Winifred said...

It's really horrible having a coughing fit, especially at night. One night a few weeks ago I had to get up and go to the loo. Wasn't quite sure whether I would be sick or need the loo I was coughing so hard. Eventually I went into the other bed as Eric must have got very little sleep that night.

Take care! Hope it gets better soon.

Tabor said...

I have had a chest cold since before Thanksgiving. It gets a little tiny bit better every day and I never felt awful...just a little tired. But I would sometimes get one of the coughing fits and people would think I was going to eject a lung! Hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

i've been coughing for 3 weeks and i think my abs feel pretty tight! :-)
Jenny

Granny Annie said...

For what it's worth, my cough turned out to be from GERDS and my doctor prescribed Nexium. No more cough. I never thought about keeping it for exercising my abs. LOL