Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Microwave Blues

My microwave is dead.

It was an accident.

I'm not going to mention any names, but a certain someone DAVE tried to use the microwave timer on Sunday while cooking something in the toaster oven. Without realizing it, he inadvertently hit the start button causing the microwave to go on without anything inside of it.

Not a good idea. The microwave burned itself out.

So, while I am awaiting my new microwave to get delivered to Sears late tomorrow, I am singing the "Microwave Blues". Ohhhhhh..... : (

I admit it. I just didn't appreciate it while I had it. And, I never realized how much I relied on it! Whether it was heating water in my mug for tea, warming up a bowl of soup, defrosting something that I forgot to pull out of the freezer, heating up leftovers right out of the refrigerator, melting butter, etc. etc. etc. I miss it terribly!

What I miss the most is being able to make my microwave popcorn!!!!! Today I even cut open a bag of microwave popcorn, poured out the contents, and tried to make it in a pot on top of the stove. This was called "desperation"....and, I do not recommend that you ever try this. The result was half popped and mostly burnt popcorn.

And, yes, I ate it anyway.

It was awful...but, desperate times call for desperate measures...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

your mistake was putting micro popcorn on the stove. just use regular popcorn with a little oil (we use olive) and it will be delicious! we even got adam and jenny into making popcorn on the stove!