Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Susan G. Komen Walk for the Cure

I couldn't resist posting this picture of sweet Celia proudly wearing a t-shirt for the South Florida Susan G. Komen Walk for the Cure.

The walk is this Saturday and I will be flying down to S. Florida tomorrow morning to join my sisters as we celebrate my youngest sister's 10th year of breast cancer survival!!! What a wonderful landmark!

When I made my donation to breast cancer research, I thought about my dear friends who are battling cancer right now. As I participate in the Walk for the Cure, I will be thinking about these friends and their individual journeys to wellness.

I also realize the importance of my participation as it relates to my grandchildren...I am hopeful that they can grow up in a world where there are cures for cancer and other life-threatening diseases. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

So, as I begin my three mile walk on Saturday.... I will not only be walking to honor my incredible sister, I will be praying that my dear and courageous friends will soon be cancer-free , and, I will also be walking for my dear Celia, Audrey and Owen........ filled with love, hope, and great promise for their futures.

No comments: