Friday, February 26, 2010

Chatter.

Beautiful, but chilly, day here in Alabama. The weathermen talk of rain/sleet/ice/snow possibility next Tuesday. I just laugh at these early predictions...

...but, of course, I will keep my kitchen well stocked....

...just in case.... : )

**********************************************************************

The demolition continues downstairs. Yesterday I had two men ripping up the remainder of the carpenting and then scraping the flooring under the carpeting. Now the room is back to just a concrete floor.

At the same time, there was sheet-rock work being done in the bathroom and laundry room. The more they sanded...the more dust that was kicked up. (ah-choo) I can't wait for this all to be over with!

**********************************************************************

Off I went yesterday to go through countless wallpaper books in search of the "perfect" paper to replace what was destroyed lovingly hanging in my downstairs bathroom.

I ended up lugging home three huge wallpaper books to check out some that I thought might work.

After a while I finally set my sights on one particular pattern that was really pretty perfect for the room....only to find out today that it has been discontinued!

Back to the drawing board.

*********************************************************************

I seem to be known around here for my homemade oatmeal cookies...so,it isn't unusual for me to whip up a batch at any given moment.

Anticipating all of the workmen arriving back at my house today, I decided to bake some for them. (I always like to keep the people working on my home happy!)

Well, I was told that they would be here in the morning...but, by 4:30 this afternoon, no one had shown up!

Oh well.

Sorry, guys.

Looks like Dave and I will be enjoyed some freshly baked oatmeal cookies this evening!

*********************************************************************

Well, the American Idol "watching marathon" has begun. So far it has had a disappointing start...but, I am hopeful that things will pick up as the contestants lose some of their early-in-the-season nervousness! I certainly hope so or we will be hearing the word "pitchy" thrown around quite a bit, dog........

The verdict is still out as far as Ellen as the new judge...but, there is no doubt that Simon is in his usual "tell it like he sees it" no-holds-barred mood. You have to feel sorry for some of those kids that he lambasted in a mean-spirited way the first two nights this week...He could be so much more effective if he could say the same thing in a kinder, more helpful way.

But, I doubt that that is going to happen...didn't his mom teach him that you can catch more flies with sugar than you can with vinegar?!?! : )

********************************************************************

I have really enjoyed watching the Winter Olympics this year. Vancouver is quite beautiful with so many incredibly breathtaking sights.

Dave teases me, but I really love all of the cheesy inside stories on the athletes. It keeps me interested as I watch the competitions...not only physically, but emotionally.

********************************************************************

Speaking of the Olympics....Apolo Ono is getting ready to try for another medal in speed skating so I am heading downstairs to watch! He's so exciting to watch as he maneuvers his way around the other competitors at the last minute and manages to place almost every time...hopefully, he can do it again tonight!

(post script to above: Oh no!....Ono was disqualified for tapping the guy in front of him, causing him to fall....so, no medal in the individual....but, he did manage to get a team bronze medal for the relay race!)

1 comment:

listen for azure said...

We had quite the discussion of the olympic back stories the other day.

The boys all thought they were cheezy... but it's them that I catch listening when there is a dramatic moment with music building on the tv.

Geeks :-)