Friday, February 12, 2010

I am trying to remember to "breathe" today as the "fun" just continues around here...(please note sarcasm here).

After showering yesterday so that I could head out to the grocery store (to get the "mandatory" bread and milk in anticipation of our snow event!)...I again found my basement and laundry room flooded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After making all of the necessary phone calls....the plumbers couldn't come until sometime today....but the company that dried everything out last time was able to get out here and set up their machinery...once again.

The story should end here with my going to bed and having a good night's sleep...but, it was not to be. Unfortunately, some of the heavy equipment caused my power to go out...including my phone lines! Remaining calm (ha!), I found my one working flashlight and tried to find my way into my dark basement and the fuse boxes.

Now, I must tell you that my flashlight gives off about a millimeter of light...so, this was not an easy task. I finally had to give up and call the gentleman back to the house to help me get my power going again.

He did.

He left.

The power blew again....and again....

By this time I decided to just unplug the machines and call it a night.

So, today I sit here awaiting the plumbers to arrive....the snow IS starting to fall and collect outside....but, I am continuing to just BREATHE...

(to be continued)

No comments: