Monday, March 08, 2010

Monday.

Today is an amazingly beautiful day in Birmingham! The sky couldn't be any more blue and with the temps hovering in the high 60's it is pretty much perfection. I have so much 'inside the house' work to do today, but you can be sure that I am going to find some excuse to spend a little part of my day outside!

******************************************************************

None of the workers have called or shown up yet today. Hmmmm....maybe I need to bake some more cookies to lure them here?!?

******************************************************************

Well, the Oscar's have come and gone for another year. The women looked gorgeous, the men, handsome...but, other than that, it wasn't that memorable of a show this year.

I must say that I am always shocked when they do the tribute to those in the business who have passed away this year...seeing all of that incredible talent gone was very sad. Farrah Fawcett was overlooked somehow and wasn't part of the tribute. Someone will be in trouble for that oversight, I'm sure.

******************************************************************

Now that I have managed to clear away a spot in the mess downstairs, I am again working on my pottery. It feels good to get my hands in that clay and begin creating again.

******************************************************************

I skyped with my daughter-in-law Jenny and grandaughter, Audrey this weekend. With prompting, Audrey said, "I love you, Grammie!".....

Be still my heart.

Audrey and Owen will be here in May when their mommy and daddy leave them for a few days while they attend a wedding a few hours away.

Yes, I am counting the days!!!!!!

Of course....!

******************************************************************

I also got a wonderful phone message from my son, Jeffrey, and my other granddaughter, Celia. He said that she was going to sing a song for me over the phone. Once he started to sing, she didn't....but, it was still fun to hear her chatter in the background while Jeffrey sang the song in its entirety! Good job, Jeffrey... : )

******************************************************************

Off to play in clay....

2 comments:

Beverly said...

I usually do not watch Idol until the final 12, but wondered if you have? I know you always do and wondered if you had any thoughts on it...
Have a great day...

Granny Annie said...

Oh I am laughing so hard about the son singing the entire song. My son and daughter have both been left holding the bag at some point while the grand kids abandoned the endeavor. You know the child can sing the song but your children somehow think it is disaster and the child set them up.

I will have five of our grandchildren here next week for spring break.