Sunday, May 30, 2010

Pea soup and other fun (?) stuff.....

Memorial Day weekend is here and the cover has been taken off of my pool. My pool that has been sitting dormant all fall, winter, and spring except for some occasional chlorine tablets and a couple of hours/day with the pump going.

So, as you can imagine....the water now looks like thick, dark, pea soup. UGH.

In an effort to try and do it myself and save a little money, I have scrubbed, brushed,back-washed, and chemicalized it all.

It is still quite green this morning.

Ah, fun in the summertime for a pool owner!

*******************************************************************

Friday night Dave and I went to hear the Alabama Symphony Orchestra play and see a show called: "Classical Mystery Tour". It consists of four Beatle look-a-likes who tour around the world playing all of our favorite Fab Four tunes with the local symphony playing in the background. You might want to check it out to see if it comes to your town...it will be worth it!

They sing, play guitars and piano as well as do costume changes during the sets to add even more authenticity to the music. Our 60+ (groan) bodies were (slowly) rockin' and a rollin' to the great old Beatles songs.

It was totally awesome and took us back to a time long ago when we were young...

*********************************************************************

I find myself still "fighting" with the backyard squirrels as they continue to find new ways to get to my bird food. My old "squirrel free" feeder was being held together by duct tape and love so I purchased a new one that has perches going up and down it at different levels. It also has a tray at the bottom to catch the falling seeds. The birds seem to love it....and so do the squirrels!

I sat in the house and watched a big ole squirrel just perched on the tray having his breakfast,lunch, or dinner of bird food. He looked quite content as he munched away...

So, I have now moved the feeder down the tree limb as far away from the tree trunk as I could so that the squirrels won't have a "jumping off" point. I will just have to wait and see if that works. So far so good....stay tuned!

*********************************************************************

As you can imagine, I am still trying to get back into some semblance of reality since my incredibly delightful Girlie beach trip. This reentry is not always so easy as life, laundry and other chores await me.

So, every once in a while I try to daydream about lazily relaxing to the sounds of the Gulf while the soft breezes cool me off from the warm summer heat. Care to join me?

Ahhhhhhh. : )