Monday, September 13, 2010

Today is my 62nd (gulp) birthday.

How did that happen? Just the other day I was just an innocent, fresh-faced young girl with my whole life ahead of me. The childhood photos are yellowed with age as I stare at the face of the child I was.

I looked into the mirror this morning to see if there were any traces of that little girl.....as she is getting harder to see with each passing year. But, that is okay, because I know that her young spirit will always be inside of me.

So, on this special day in my life, I have thought long and hard about what I would truly like for my birthday:

I want to find true peace in my heart. I want to continue to have the strength to handle whatever is in store for me in the coming years.

I want to always, always remember to be grateful for all that I have....my ever-growing family, my friends, my health, a roof over my head, my artistic abilities, my joy, my" rose-colored glasses" outlook on life, my ability to love and be loved in return...and to continue to be able to find more good than bad in people.

I want those that I love to also find peace in their hearts.

I would love to see more kindness, tolerance, patience, understanding, goodwill, unselfishness, compassion, tenderness, empathy, humanity, harmony, grace, warmth, unity, generosity, consideration, acceptance, and goodness.... in the world around me.

 I pray that I will live to see the end of bitterness, hatred, indifference, cold-heartedness, disdain, anger, isolation, loneliness, persecution, bigotry, war, violence, prejudice, cruelty, and harshness.

Here's hoping that my birthday wishes come true...
xoxo

No comments: