Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It took me a while to get moving this morning....

....because it was so nice and cozy under the covers on this chilly day. Ahhhh.

But, I realized that I had a lot on my plate  and hadn't been posting for a few days so I decided to 'crawl' out of bed and get the day started!

****************************************************************
For starters, I will be getting a new furnace and air conditioning unit first thing tomorrow morning. My antiquated system has had its last hurrah and needs to be replaced.  I have spent way too much money trying to keep it all running and it was time for a more efficient system. 

The bad news is that this will be quite costly....but, the good news is that by getting it before the end of the year I will qualify for a $1500 Federal tax credit.
Thank you, President Obama. : )

**************************************************************
Oh yeah, when it rains it pours. 

My washing machine and dryer (also quite old!) both  need replacing.  I have to run the dryer several times before the clothing fully dries...and the washing machine is leaking and not functioning very well. (That kind of sounds like I feel some days...ha ha)

When all is said and done, I should be running a more efficient household.  Poorer, but, more efficient!

Maybe now you can understand my hesitancy to get out of bed this morning..... : )

*************************************************************
I know that I need a life when I found myself getting irate over the Dancing With The Stars results show last night. 

Bristol Palin is in the finals....but, Brandy is not?

What is this world coming to?

************************************************************
Cardiologist follow-up appointment this afternoon.  I have my long list of questions ready to go.  I hope that the dr. is in a good mood!

I have to feel that drs. really appreciate a patient who asks a lot of questions.  To me that means that the person is taking care of their own health and becoming their own advocate. 

In this day and age, I truly believe that it is important....not to mention the importance when you are my age.
*groan*  : )

************************************************************
Speaking of age, you know that you are truly a senior citizen when the clerk doesn't flinch when  giving you the discount on Senior Day at the grocery store. 

Just once I would like for them to ask me to prove that I am over 60!

***********************************************************
Thanksgiving is approaching....it is one of my most favorite holidays.

Unfortunately, my kids won't be coming down this year.

Fortunately, Dave and I are heading to our dear friends home to share the holiday with their wonderful family....children and grandchildren!

Unfortunately, I won't have any leftovers.

Fortunately, I bought a little baby fresh turkey yesterday that I will stuff and make to have here at home!

Unfortunately, I will so miss getting to see my precious grandbabies.

Fortunately, I will be awaiting word on my newest grandbaby's arrival in the next couple of weeks!!! A brand new baby to love.....

I truly have so much to be thankful for.....

***********************************************************
XOXO

2 comments:

Tabor said...

I do not watch Dancing with the Stars but it appears to be more of a popularity contest rather than a talent contest.

Beverly said...

I was so angry....I even said on fb a nasty word, but, I wanted Brandy and Jennifer to be the final two. They are the best and have improved leaps and bounds over Bristol......